My Research Links
Environmental Economics, Environmental Policy and Management, Public Economics, Empirical Industrial Organization, Economics of Innovation, Applied Econometrics.
Journal Publications “Lessons Learned from China’s Regional Carbon Market Pilots” [pdf]
Junjie Zhang, Zhenxuan Wang*, and Xinming Du
Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy 6(2): 1-20, 2017.
Working Papers “Can Environmental Regulation Enhance Competitiveness?”Environmental Regulation and Green Innovation: Evidence from Chinese Listed Firms’ Green Innovation”
Working Paper, 2017
Working in Progress
Journal Referee Services
China Economic Review;
- Work on data collection, processing, visualization and analysis.
- As a key member, involve in research projects about air pollution, climate change, cost-benefit analysis, and carbon market.
- Provide assistantship to literature review, manuscript preparation, and research project management.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of environmental credit policy in Jiangsu Province.
- Conduct research on detecting manipulation in official environmental data.
- Study the history and development of cost-benefit analysis in China by reviewing government documents and existing literatures.
- Make a summary report of the top-level design of China’s regional carbon market pilots.
- Collect patent data of Chinese listed firms from State Intellectual Property Office of China (SIPO).
- Use Echarts.js for data visualization to illustrate the regional and time heterogeneity of patent applications. [link]
- Distinguish environmental patents from others and create a firm-by-year green patent panel dataset.
- Collect and clean patent data of Chinese industry firms and construct green patent dataset.
- Measure and compare China’s provincial real economy marketization level, provincial financial marketization level, provincial internal opening level and provincial opening-up level, using a factor analytical method, and analyze the market vitality of Hubei province.