My Research Links
Environmental Economics, Environmental Policy and Management, Public Economics, Empirical Industrial Organization, Economics of Innovation, Applied Econometrics.
Journal Publications “Lessons Learned from China’s Regional Carbon Market Pilots” [pdf]
Junjie Zhang, Zhenxuan Wang*, and Xinming Du
Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy 6(2): 1-20, 2017.
Working Papers “Can Environmental Regulation Enhance Competitiveness?”Environmental Regulation and Green Innovation: Evidence from Chinese Listed Firms’ Green Innovation”
Working Paper, 2017
Working in Progress “Green Finance and Corporate Green Innovation”
(with Junjie Zhang) “Air Pollution and Migration”
(with Junjie Zhang)
Journal Referee Services
China Economic Review;
- Work on data collection, processing, visualization and analysis.
- As a key member, involve in research projects about air pollution, climate change, cost-benefit analysis, and carbon market.
- Provide assistantship to literature review, manuscript preparation, and research project management.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of environmental credit policy in Jiangsu Province.
- Conduct research on detecting manipulation in official environmental data.
- Study the history and development of cost-benefit analysis in China by reviewing government documents and existing literatures.
- Make a summary report of the top-level design of China’s regional carbon market pilots.
- Collect patent data of Chinese listed firms from State Intellectual Property Office of China (SIPO).
- Use Echarts.js for data visualization to illustrate the regional and time heterogeneity of patent applications. [link]
- Distinguish environmental patents from others and create a firm-by-year green patent panel dataset.
- Collect and clean patent data of Chinese industry firms and construct green patent dataset.
- Measure and compare China’s provincial real economy marketization level, provincial financial marketization level, provincial internal opening level and provincial opening-up level, using a factor analytical method, and analyze the market vitality of Hubei province.